Sunday, November 4, 2012

Exciting Things

Okay, it's been a bit since my last blog post, but only because I've been investing a lot of time into Book 2 of Korin's Journal.

Since I wasn't really in a place in which NaNoWriMo would work out for me this year, I decided that I would make set a goal of finishing my first draft of this book.  I've even set up time with a proofreader in the beginning of December to keep myself on track in pulling it off.  Now, I don't have 50,000 words left of the book(the typical NaNoWriMo goal), so I have the benefit of having the time to really make the end of this book what I want it to be without worrying about falling behind on word count.  

I'm working on getting some great illustrative cover art for this one.  I'm excited about the concept for it.  If it turns out the way I'm hoping, I would like to have a new cover made for The Dragon Gem as well in the near future.

Lastly, Book 2 of Korin's Journal surpassed the 200,000K word mark over the weekend.  This story has grown beyond my original vision in, what I believe to be, a good way.   I think this will stand as the longest volume in the trilogy in the end.

So there you have it.  Just wanted to give a little update.  As things stand, I'm looking at a Feb/early March release.  I'll be sure to keep you up to date on the release as things progress.

Now, since I've been setting goals, my next one will be to reveal the title in my next blog post.

Have a great week everyone!

Brian Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment