Friday, July 6, 2012

You Might Be A Writer If...

You have nightmares about getting bad reviews.

Last night I dreamed that I received a scathing review for The Dragon Gem on Amazon.  The reviewer stated that after the first couple of chapters, they saw absolutely no reason why anyone would want to continue reading the rest.  Then they attacked the length of my book, saying it was way too short for the price, though my book is a healthy 140,000 words.  Anyway, this actually woke me up with my heart speeding.  Sad, huh?


Coincidentally, this morning on my favorite indie author site, Indies Unlimited, there was this great feature that listed one-star reviews for some of the most classic literary works of all time. Be sure to check it out at http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2012/07/06/one-star-reviews-of-the-hundred-greatest-novel-100-76/.It was an eye-opener in that it helped me realize that, as with all books, whether my book is good or bad, eventually, someone is going to dislike it enough to want to let the world know that they felt it was a nice big pile of...


That day hasn't come yet, but I think when it does, I think I'll be better prepared now.


That said, The Dragon Gem just received a good review from The Ink Puddle!  It can be found at http://ink-puddle.blogspot.com/2012/07/review-dragon-gem-book-one-of-korins.html.  It's a great review blog, so give it a look!


Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!


Brian Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment