Monday, May 7, 2012

Superheroes and Word Counts

First off, I just have to say the Avengers was awesome.  Kudos, Mr. Whedon.  It seems so many of these comic book movies tend to force more and more content into each movie and eventually get bogged down by it (I'm looking at you Spider-Man 3 and X-Men Last Stand).  However, Joss Whedon somehow shoved so much into The Avengers without sacrificing quality.  He did have the benefit of having each major character fleshed out in their own respective movies, but still...

Secondly, I am getting close to wrapping up the first major story arc of my next book (I'm officially over 60K words into it). Something good is finally happening for Korin after many chapters of just plain bad luck.  Poor guy's had it rough. 

I'm going to have a damper on my progress with our move coming up, but I hope to get the majority of the book done over the summer so that when I head back to work in August, I can still get it done before the end of the year. 

I've become increasingly interested in some of these flash-fiction sites and have been thinking about trying my hand at it when time permits.  I usually am not a fan of word constraints, but maybe it will help me exercise my paltry writing skills.

Have a great week everyone!

Brian Beam




No comments:

Post a Comment