Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Scoop - 06/01/2014

Ah, it's been too long.

I'm not very good at this updating thing am I?  Parenting a toddler AND an infant, trying to get back into running, and an having an unhealthy addiction to a mobile game called Tiny Dice Dungeon has wreaked havoc on my free time.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Well, maybe the game addiction part . . . 

But anyway . . . 

Believe it or not, if you look at the progress bar for Book 3 of Korin's Journal, you'll see actual, well, progress(up to 14% from the longstanding 10%)!  I've not been able to put much time into writing in recent weeks, but I'm attempting to remedy said lack.  I scrapped the majority of the most recent chapter and am working on a rewrite(this is becoming a common theme with this book . . . much too common).  The whole scene was initially going to involve a new character describing a certain event to Korin dealing with a certain character who may or may not be an evil, murderous villain.  There has been a decent bit of action in the book up until this point, but I found myself letting the story get bogged down in tons of explanatory dialogue.  Therefore, I am approaching this chapter from a completely different direction, one that will not only lend some excitement to it, but also allow me to add another layer to the overall plot that I feel will improve the book.  

To all who donated to my St. Jude fundraiser, you have not been forgotten.  I tallied up the entries, assigned numbers to the entries, and then used a random number generator online to determine winners.  What happened was literally everyone except for one who donated ended up being picked.  In addition, only one of those picked won more than once(and that person happened to be my mother :-P).  It got me thinking - I want to reward everyone who donated, so I'll be sending out an email soon about what I'd like to do if those who donated are up for it.  I promise I'll get to that soon, so if you donated and are reading this, I promise I'll be getting in touch in the next couple weeks.

Lastly, I'll be starting a new blog feature on Mondays(regularly-ish).  I don't want to give anything away just yet, but it's going to be a fun and funny feature(and ridiculously cute in my opinion).  Keep an eye out for it tomorrow!

Best wishes to everyone, and have a wonderful week!



Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment